A Few of My Favorite Things





Object 1: COWBOY HAT- growing up in Georgia it was a staple piece to every outfit that a cowboy hat was included. When I finally left to come to school my sister gave me this hat and I felt that it was something that would resonate with my past.

Object 2: BRACELET- My mother left me this bracelet as a birthday gift, I thought it was cool and crafty since it was made out of compressed spoons. 

Object 3: RING- When graduating high school, it is a classic tradition that those who do so are celebrated with a class ring. The last summer after school we visited the island of Saint Martin, and my parents gifted me a 'class ring' which was my birthstone. I am so grateful for everything they do for me, so this item is close to me.

Object 4: NECKLACE- As someone who grew up in an Italian household, it was always important to me that I hold on tight to my roots and cherish my heritage. I recently purchased a necklace with the 'cornicello' symbol or the Italian bull horn. An Italian charm that is meant to bring good luck and attract against evil. It is also a wonderful relic in memory of my grandma Elenor Manfreddi.

Object 5: KEYCHAIN- I played volleyball my whole life, it wasn't until high school that I took a special liking to the sport and fully decided to dedicate myself to it. I was an assistant coach to middle school girls, and I really felt as though I made a difference in their love and appreciation of volleyball as a whole. The final game when we all said our goodbyes and I had to graduate in the upcoming weeks, one of the girls gifted me a keychain that read 'Coach Bella', that's when I knew that this was a very special moment for both me and the girls' lives.


Comments

Popular Posts